Updated January 1, 2018
You do not have to contact us to benefit from Advice Chaser’s privacy protections; they apply automatically to all of our current and former customers.
We safeguard customer information in accordance with established security procedures. We have implemented physical and electronic safeguards to help protect private information from being intercepted over the Internet.
Collecting Information to Serve You
Advice Chaser collects information about you to help us provide better customer service, offer new products or services, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. The type of information that we collect varies according to the products or services you request, and may include:
- Information available about you through social media;
- Information we receive from you through our web site or in telephone conversations with you;
- Information we obtain about you from third party sources;
- Placing “cookies” and similar files on your hard drive for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, and to personalize your experience on our site. We may also collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Web site.
In addition to personal information that you provide to us, we may receive information about you that you authorize third parties to provide us. We may also obtain personal information from third parties in order to verify your identity, prevent fraud or to help us identify products and services that may benefit you.
Any messages, email or communications that you send to Advice Chaser may be retained so that we can process your inquiries, respond to your requests or improve the quality of our services. We may use or share your email address and other personal contact information to communicate with you about our services.
We may obtain or share customer information with Advice Chaser corporate affiliates or partner firms in order to properly service your account or to offer you additional services. In compliance with federal and state laws, we may disclose some or all of the information we collect about our customers and former customers, as described above, to nonaffiliated businesses such as:
- Companies that perform services for us or on your behalf, including the sub-managers who manage your assets;
- Companies that participate in joint marketing activities with us;
- Financial services companies (such as your custodian and brokers or dealers) who effect transactions on your behalf;
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative; and
- Companies participating with us in a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or business exchange.
These companies are required to treat your private information with the same high degree of confidentiality that we do and only for the services for which they are engaged.
We may also disclose information to non-affiliated parties as allowed by law, such as in responding to a subpoena, preventing fraud, or complying with an inquiry by a government agency or regulator.
In addition, we may develop, use, distribute and publish information and statistics derived from your data and the content that you contribute for use on a masked, aggregate basis. This particular use of your data and content will not result in the publication of any personally identifiable information.
For financial professionals utilizing our technology platform, Advice Chaser may make available your business contact information and information you’ve shared with us to other parties such as: investment managers, technology vendors, custodians, or professional recruiters.
We reserve the right to update or modify this policy at any time.